The WARP Network is a Cyber Security Hub and was formed as part of an initiative by the UK Centre for the Protection of National Infrastrucutre (CPNI), to develop an Information Security Sharing Network . The hub is currently based in Wolverhampton, at the University of Wolverhampton's School of Technology Building.
The WARP initiative is a means of improving cyber security by stimulating better communication of security alerts and warnings, raising awareness and to encourage incident reporting. Sharing information in a trusted secure environment will reduce the risk of information systems being compromised and therefore reduce the risk of data breaches to organisations.
Why is a WARP Needed?
- There is a huge daily volume of security information generated to help protect IT systems.
- Keeping on top of this information is time consuming and often a luxury some cannot afford.
- Community members often lack the opportunity to share best practice and advice despite common needs.
- Lack of trust inhibits the sharing of sensitive information about problems with attacks on their IT systems.
- Solutions to some of these problems exist but can be costly.
Why are WARPs Effective
- Deliver customised early warnings.
- Members exchange advice and best practice within the community.
- Provides a trusted environment for sharing incident reports.
- Provide all of the above cost-effectively.